WANTED - Stowmarket Half Marathon Marshals Can you help us out?
We are delighted to announce the launch of our Strider Grand Prix Series, open to all Club Members. The winners with most points in each age category at the end of the series will win a perpetual award to be presented at the following Club Presentation & Awards evening.
For every race in the series each member will win points depending on their placement. For instance the first club member in each event age category will be awarded 100 points, second placement will be awarded 99 points, third placement 98 points. So you could be the only Strider in that race you win 100 points!
The aim is to compete in as many races listed below as possible, with your best 15 scoring events counting towards your final score in the series table.
This year the series will be operated from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018. You will need to be a fully paid up member at the point of your first race to qualify and make sure you register as a Stowmarket Strider when you complete your race entry so you show up in the results. If you aren't registered then it doesn't count. If you are new to the club and want to take part mid-season then you are most welcome, but only the races that you enter as a Strider going forward will count.
Your age category will be determined at 1st April 2017 and be held for the rest of the series.
Age Categories are: Male and Female - Senior Open, Vet 40-44, Vet 45-49, Vet 50-54, Vet 55-59, Vet 60-64, Vet 65+
What are you waiting for.....
Congratulations to our 2016/17 Winners
|Age Category||2016/17 Winner||Points|
|Senior Female||Emma Attwood||1099|
|Senior Male||James Hayward||1197|
2017/18 Qualifying Races
|Alton Water 5k||7th May 2017||Results|
|Alton Water 10k||7th May 2017||Results|
|Kirton Friday 5m||2nd June 2017||Results|
|Striders. Pacers, Jaffa's 5k Track Challenge||22nd May 2017||Via Team Captains|
|Great Bentley Friday 5m||7th July 2017||Entries Open|
|Ipswich Twilight 10k||18th Aug 2017||Entries Open|
|Striders. Pacers, Jaffa's 5k Track Challenge||4th Sept 2017||Via Team Captains|
|Coastal 10m||10th Sept 2017||Race Complete|
|Ipswich Half Marathon||24th Sept 2017||Race Complete|
|Lowestoft Half Marathon||1st Oct 2017||Race Complete|
|Framlingham XC||October 2017||Race Complete|
|Woodbridge XC||3rd December 2017||Register on the day|
|Turkey Trot 10m||10th December 2017||Entries Full|
|Suffolk County XC Championships||8th January 2018||Via Team Captains|
|Stowmarket XC||14th January 2018||Register on the day|
|Bury XC||18th February 2018||Register on the day|
|Tarpley 10||25th February 2018||Entries Open|
|Bungay XC||11th March 2018||Register on the day|
|Haverhill XC||25th March 2018||Register on the day|
|Bungay 10k||8th April 2018||Entries Open|
|Heritage Coast HM||tbc April 2018||Entries Pending|
Striders Grand Prix Series Rules:
1. The series will be operated from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018.
2. The Club Committee will decide each year how many, and which events are to be included.
3. Club members will be automatically included in the Series providing they have paid their membership fees and will score points for each race providing they are shown in the results as a member of Stowmarket Striders.
4. The first club member in each event in each age category (man and woman) will be awarded 100 series points, the second placed will be awarded 99 points etc.
5. Each member’s best 15 scoring events will count towards the final series table. In the event of a tie, positions will be determined by head-to-head results of tied runners.
6. Awards will be in 7 categories to the highest scoring man and woman in age groups:
Age is determined at 1st April for the whole of that year’s series in 2017/18
7. Any disputes will be settled by the Club committee.